- Free online tool offering a powerful business self-assessment, designed especially for smaller, independent retailers.
- Provides a report offering clear information and advice in key areas such as finance, buying, sales and service, merchandising and marketing.
- Allows retailers to benchmark themselves against a best practice model on a geographical or sector basis.
- SSCs are the employer-led skills organisations covering over 90% of the UK’s workforce and representing the skills and training interests of small to large businesses.
- The Alliance of Sector Skills Councils represents, promotes and supports the SSCs across the UK, and contains a directory of all SSCs.
- Independent charity with a primary focus to support and improve the manufacturing sector through training, education and consultancy.
- Practitioners have all worked in manufacturing at senior levels and their years of experience could improve your business.
T: 0161 875 2525
- Free support for North West based manufacturing SMEs to identify ways of using technology to improve process efficiency
- Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN)
- 30 hours of free intensive consultancy into technology, data and manufacturing problem solving
T: 01772 896092
- The Textiles Growth Programme is aimed at textiles sector businesses of all sizes
- Includes the spectrum of manufacturers from carpets to apparel as well as suppliers to the industry such as textile machinery manufacturers and designers
T: 0161 359 3050
There is a number of different support and funding projects available to companies to encourage the use of sustainable transport, in particular those who are facing problems around lack of car parking for their employees. Below is an overview of some of the initiatives that are available:
Access to a sustainable £10,000 travel grant;
- Bus and Metrolink ticket discounts for your staff, to make it easier to access jobs at your location;
- Free access to the Car Share GM car sharing site,;
- Advice and events to promote sustainable travel;
- And, bespoke travel information to your staff to advise on the best to commute to work;
If you are interested in any of the above initiatives please go to the tfgm website.