Through the Employer Grant scheme, businesses offering four weeks work experience, a traineeship, apprenticeship or job to a 16-25 year-old in Trafford and providing travel and lunch expenses, could receive a £500 grant. Through the scheme, there is also specific emphasis on prioritising young people who currently face significant disadvantages trying to enter the world of work, including those in care or young people with disabilities.
The aim is to introduce young people to local employers and help them gain confidence and new skills to move forward in their careers. The grant is for:
- Employers who take on a young person from Trafford aged 16-25 years into work experience, a traineeship or an apprenticeship
- The grant is targeted to support young people from a priority group (Looked after young people, Care leavers, NEETs, young people with disabilities, ex-offenders, Stronger Families or young people on the Talent Match programme)
- The work experience needs to be at least 4 weeks duration (although this doesn’t need to be all at the same time)
- Employers can claim up to a maximum of £1000 if they offer two opportunities (e.g. work experience followed by a traineeship or an apprenticeship)
- The grant is paid direct to the employer once the placement is agreed
- The employer pays lunch and travelling expenses for the young person for the duration of the placement
- Support with Maths, English or IT will be available for the young person through Trafford College
In addition, there will be a further £500 grant available to businesses who take the young person on after the four week period.
Support for the young people throughout the four weeks and beyond will be provided by Trafford College.
Businesses wanting further details about the Trafford Employer Grant scheme can contact the Council's Strategic Growth Team on 0161 912 4176 or email email@example.com or you can download our Trafford Employer Grant Scheme flyer.