Why should businesses choose Trafford's Town Centres?
Trafford is a powerhouse for economic growth across Greater Manchester. We are the most economically competitive borough with the most talented labour pool in the North West of England.
- Four diverse and distinctive town centres.
- Home to over 13,000 businesses providing excellent opportunities to source local suppliers.
- 120,000 businesses within a 30 minute drive time.
- Unparalleled digital connectivity – Superfast Broadband is already available in all of the key business locations in Trafford and by March 2017, over 99.5% of premises (businesses and residential) in Trafford will be connected..
- Excellent transport links to your suppliers and customers locally, nationally and internationally by road, rail, air and water.
- Home to Manchester United FC (the world’s most popular football club) and the recently rebuilt Lancashire County Cricket Club attracting visitors from across the world.
- Number one in the UK for secondary education.
- A diverse population of 230,200 within an area of 41 square miles.
- The highest paid resident and workplace populations in Greater Manchester. The average weekly wage for Trafford residents is £552.10 compared to the North West average of £446.70.
- 79% of the population are economically active, higher than the North West and GB.
- Has a Town Centre Loan Scheme for each of the 4 town centres (Altrincham, Sale, Stretford and Urmston). This provides interest-free loans of up to 75% to bring vacant business premises back into use - loans of between £1,000 and £20,000 are available (terms and conditions apply).
- Has a Town Centres Team to act as a single point of contact for businesses in the borough, providing a range of support including: identifying potential funding opportunities, searching for sites or premises; providing guidance on available business support; and supporting new and expanding companies.
- Has a Partnerships and Communities team whose aim is to improve the vitality of all four of Trafford’s town centres.
Trafford is home to four notable and unique town centres, each with its own individual character and business opportunities: Altrincham, Sale, Stretford, Urmston.