Together as InWorkGM, share a passion for giving local people the knowledge and independence to create better lives for themselves and their communities through employment.
Greater Manchester is growing, and we are passionate about ensuring that the growth is inclusive to all and this passion is what drives those working on Working Well to create opportunities for those participants that we work with and we can only do that thanks to the support of our key partners and employers who are willing to adopt a different outlook to their workforce and recruitment strategies.
A key element of this is supporting the employers that we work with to grow their businesses and support them to not only create new jobs but good jobs.
InWork GM are keen to work with employers who can offer our participants:
- meaningful work experience to unemployed GM residents as a way to ‘try out’ potential employees and support them to build up work readiness
- entry level employment opportunities to unemployed GM residents (particularly those with health conditions)
The InWorkGM Employer account management offer to you:
- To return employer calls within 24 hours.
- Supporting employers to become more disability confident, and advise on recruitment of those with health conditions
- Providing mediation support to employers and our participants when in post, if required
- Support from our health professionals to your new employee, advising them on managing their health in the workplace
- Sourcing applicants and have ready for interview within 10 days.
- Screening applicant CVs
- Arranging interviews.
- InWorkGM premises in every GM borough, providing employers with free to use offices for interviews
- Liaising between employer and candidate- every employer is allocated a dedicated account manager
- Advising on employment trends and labour market statistics if required
- Advising on training needs & referring to appropriate additional services, schemes and initiatives to support your business
- Comprehensive in work support package agree with client and employer with named contact
- Career interview for employee after 3 months of employment to support with further training needs
InWorkGM will fully screen applicants prior to forwarding their application. Applicants come from a variety of backgrounds and personal circumstances. Some customers have had a period of illness, others have found themselves being made redundant due to the economic climate, above all they all have a strong work ethic and are keen to return to the employment market.
InWorkGM aims to offer employers a wide range of candidates from many sectors bringing, in some cases, a wealth of experience or a desire to re-train within a new role. Before the candidates are short-listed they are prepared and screened by the Employer Engagement Team to ensure they are of the highest calibre available, with a determination to prove themselves and their abilities to a potential employer.
The InWorkGM engagement teams will conduct in-depth pre-screening sessions which employers are welcome to attend to see the process for themselves. The engagement teams aim to complete this full process with 10 working days. All of the support available is free for employers to access. The priority, to support individuals, some who may be disadvantaged, to find lasting and meaningful work.