Stretford will be the centre of regeneration.
It has a purpose-build, covered shopping centre, ‘Stretford Mall’, which forms the core Town Centre area, bringing together major high street names with regional and independent stores, and attracting over 80,000 visitors per week.
Exciting proposals for a new university, University Academy 92 (UA92) will bring increased activity and expenditure to the Town Centre.
The Town Centre is close to major attractions including Manchester United and Emirates Old Trafford.
- Recent high profile openings have increased footfall.
- 0.6 miles / 1 minute to junction 7, M60
- 6.9 miles / 12 minutes to Manchester Airport
- Catchment population of approximately 35,000 residents
| Key Assets
- The Bridgewater Canal links Stretford to the main waterway networks in the North West.
- Stretford Metrolink tram stop is just a short walk from the mall.
- Stretford Mall is the retail core of the Town Centre and contains around 80 businesses.
- 900 Car Parking Spaces are free for three hours.
- Victoria Park, Longford Park, Moss Park and Gorse Hill Park all provide attractive areas of public space within walking distance of Stretford Mall.
- Historic Buildings, including the Grade II listed former Essoldo Cinema and Stretford Public Hall.
| Recent & Planned Developments
- The Refreshed Stretford Masterplan, produced by Trafford Council provides a bold vision for delivering transformational change in the Town Centre over the next 10 to 15 years.
- The proposed Univesity Academy 92 will provide undergraduate, postgraduate, CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and pathway degrees in sports, media and business. It will cater for 6,500 students at the Campus Quarter on the site of the former Kellogg’s headquarters in Old Trafford along with new sports facilities, leisure centre, hotel and new commercial floor space. High-quality student accommodation and new residential development will also be provided in the heart of Stretford.
- Public Realm Improvements to improve the shopping environment – the first £1.5m phase has been completed with further phases planned.