Our priority is growth and we aim to maintain Trafford’s position as an economic powerhouse in Greater Manchester. Trafford is the most economically competitive area with the most talented labour pool in the North West of England. With prime business locations, unparalleled transport connectivity and host to stunning world class events – we have a lot to offer!
The Council’s Economic Growth Team is here to act as a single point of contact for business in the borough. Whether it’s through identifying potential funding opportunities, searching for sites or premises, guiding you through available business support provision or supporting new and expanding companies, the Team is ready to help and advise you.
Trafford Council is committed to helping businesses in Trafford to grow and prosper. Working together with the private sector and our Greater Manchester growth partners has helped us to enhance economic growth, attract important investment and increase local jobs.
- Most competitive area in the North West of England
- Home to Manchester United - the world's most popular football club
- Four distinctive Town Centres
- 48% of adult residents are educated to degree level or equivalent, compared to a North West average of 33%
- First planned industrial estate in the world and still one of the largest in europe
- £6.9bn GVA - the highest productivity per head in Greater Manchester
- Home to over 11,000 businesses
- No.1 in the United Kingdom for secondary school education