Sale is a busy commuter suburb.
Pedestrianised shopping on tree-lined School Road and in ‘The Square Shopping Centre’ create an accessible Town Centre, while a buoyant café and restaurant quarter is found on Northenden Road.
Sale has a large population of office employees and the Town Centre has over one million sq.ft of occupied retail, office and leisure floorspace.
- Recently listed as the fourth most desirable place to live in the United Kingdom
- Low vacancy rate
- 0.9 miles / 4 minutes to junction 7, M60
- 7.1 miles / 14 minutes to Manchester Airport
- Catchment population of approximately 52,000 residents
- Home to over 200 retailers and independent businesses
| Key Assets
- The Waterside is home to a theatre and flexible arts and events space.
- The Bridgewater Canal is a major heritage and leisure attraction and links Sale to the main waterway networks in the North West. The Bridgewater Way has recently been widened and improved to encourage cycling.
- The Sale Metrolink tram stop is in the heart of the Town Centre.
- 1,600 Car Parking Spaces are available within the Town Centre.
- Sale Leisure Centre provides a key leisure destination.
| Recent & Planned Developments
- Proposals to redevelop The Square Shopping Centre, including new residential development, retail floorspace development and retail/leisure floorspace.
- A Public Realm and Movement Strategy will guide future comprehensive improvements to the public realm and wayfinding.
- Planned redevelopment of the former Sale Magistrates Court site on the A56 for a mixed use scheme.